- Project Assistant civil society, Tunis
Title of Position: Civil Society Project Assistant - based in Tunis
Contract Period: From September 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 (renewable)
Salary: To be defined according to qualification and experience
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-profit, independent, non-partisan organization founded in 2005 and headquartered in Berlin. DRI supports the actors involved in the establishment of democracy in several countries around the world. Since 2011, DRI has been implementing a program in Tunisia to support political actors, Parliament and civil society organizations on issues related to democratic transition. The aim of this program is to support their capacity to develop and respond to the challenges of the democratic transition process, with particular emphasis on legal, electoral reforms, the process of implementation of the Constitution, including decentralization, Reform of justice and the establishment of constitutional bodies.
DRI's activities under this program include capacity building through training cycles for civil society, media, MPs and political parties, support for advocacy on ongoing reforms , The sessions of work and debate and the provision of technical expertise on different themes in relation to the main lines of intervention of DRI in Tunisia.
The civil society project assistant will contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of DRI's activities.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Reporting directly to the Country Director and the Civil Society Expert, the Civil Society Project Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintaining regular contact with DRI partners representing civil society;
- Propose, where appropriate, the forms and content of cooperation with these NGOs ;
- Monitor any development in relation to civil society in Tunisia, in particular the legal framework, the formation of new coalitions, projects in relation to DRI's areas of intervention ;
- Contribute to the development of the database of partners' contacts (civil society, media, institutions, academic associations, etc.) including in the regions;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of DRI activities:
· Contact and coordination with activities partners.
· Support the planning of activities and preparatory work.
· Facilitate the organization of seminars, workshops, training sessions and other events and prepare reports on related activities.
· Facilitate the organization of awareness campaigns in the regions.
· Ensure the proper functioning of activities: informing partners, coordinating with experts, preparing files and training materials, etc.
· Develop and transmit all activity information for intermediate and final reports .
· Support the communication and visibility activities of DRI in Tunisia, including the preparation of communication products (news stories, articles, infographies, reports, etc.) and their dissemination on the various DRI communication channels (website, networks Social, etc.)
- Contribute to the evaluation of the activities and the monitoring of their impact with partners and beneficiaries ;
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the Country Director.
Qualifications / Professional Experience:
- Advanced university degree (minimum license or master's degree)
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience related to support to civil society in the context of the transition in Tunisia.
- Minimum two years experience in project management independently.
- Relevant experience in the voluntary sector in Tunisia.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the civil society landscape in Tunisia and a wide network of contacts.
- Perfect command of Arabic and French (read, written and spoken).
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Prior experience with international organizations and fluency in the English language will be considered assets.
Personal Skills :
- Ability to plan, organize and work in teams.
- Proactive, dynamic attitude with initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure and in complex contexts.
- Interpersonal and interpersonal skills and good listening and communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
DRI is an employer that values diversity and supports the principle of equal access to employment.
The possible renewal of the contract depends on the performance of the candidate and the availability of funds.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 20 August 2017 .
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is possible that the position is filled before the closing date. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Job posted on 9th August 2017
Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position