- New York Membership Director, NY, USA
Description- Overview Department50 - New York
Employment Type Full Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
Compensation Commensurate based on experience
We are currently witnessing a tremendous surge in activism by millions of Americans who are deeply concerned about the direction of our nation. The principal job of the NY State Membership Director is to support these activists and help them move from protest to politics. Our goal is to build a 21st century grassroots political machine with local chapters and clubs across our state that will support and elect the next generation of progressive champions. This position will coordinate closely with our national membership and digital teams.
Members will organize press events and phone banks, lobby their state electeds and Members of Congress, help candidates get on the ballot, participate in Get Out the Vote efforts, and help us build a vibrant grassroots political party that is fighting back against Trump’s destructive agenda.
- Identify, train and mentor a cohort of leaders to grow thriving local chapters and clubs across the New York State.
- Provide regular coaching and guidance to grassroots activists and volunteers across the state to support them in engaging effectively in local, state and federal advocacy and electoral politics.
- Participate in developing tools and systems to grow and support chapters and clubs and volunteers engaged with the Party around the state.
- Facilitate trainings for grassroots activists to help them build their skills and become more effective organizers and advocates.
- Participate in and support fundraising efforts, including small dollar and grassroots fundraising drives, to maximize our resources to carry out the activities of the membership program within the Working Families Party .
- Work effectively with colleagues, both across departments and with other organizations, in order to meet goals on complex projects.
- Commitment to a progressive vision of racial, social, and economic justice and a deep understanding of how all of these issues intersect.
- At least three years experience in building new volunteer groups and mobilizing activists in a distributed organizing model.
- The ability to relate and connect with a wide array of individuals and groups.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and comfort communicating with a wide variety of audiences and across various communication channels.
- Strong follow-through and self-direction on assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects and meet deadlines under tight timelines. Strong attention to detail.
- A proven track record of working successfully with coalition partners and colleagues on complex projects.
- Experience in small dollar fundraising a plus.
- Strong group facilitation skills a plus.
- Regular night and weekend work required.
- Frequent travel around NYS required. A car, insurance, and valid driver’s license required.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurances, a 401(k)-retirement plan, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick time. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
The Working Families Party and the Working Families Organization are equal opportunity employers with a commitment to social justice. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community and other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply online here https://workingfamilies.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=19
Visit us here http://workingfamilies.org/jobs
Posted on 03 June 2017
Please mention Political Jobs when applying for this position