- Communications and Digital Media Officer, Better World Campaign, DC, USA
Location: USA – Washington, DC
Description – Overview:
The Communications and Digital Media Officer for the Better World Campaign will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the Better World Campaign’s digital properties and communications. He/she will create, edit and post web content to www.betterworldcampaign.org, the campaign’s primary social media outlets, and manage its email list.
He/she will develop new and further develop existing digital strategies to further BWC’s grassroots engagement and capture the attention of policymakers surrounding issue area priorities. This shall include but not be limited to: coordination with UN agency social media and digital communications teams, campaign events, and partner engagement opportunities.
The Communications and Digital Media Officer, Better World Campaign, will report to the Communications Director, Policy and Advocacy, Better World Campaign.
• Ensure day-to-day implementation of BWC’s digital properties;
• Create social media content and manage all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube;
• Write, edit, and manage internal approvals of communications content, including press releases, statements, emails, blog posts, and petitions;
• Expand and maintain an active and engaged email list, including drafting and producing emails, creating landing pages, reporting on metrics, and executing paid acquisition campaigns;
• Assist with the web development process, including writing, editing, and posting new web content on the existing Better World Campaign website, as well as conceptualizing and launching new websites and features in consultation with staff and outside vendors;
• Produce graphics for use on social media channels, in advocacy emails, and on the website as needed;
• Assist with event planning and live coverage on social media;
• Assist in the development BWC press kits and toolkits;
• Work with the Public Affairs team and campaign staff to keep branding and messaging consistent online and offline;
• Other projects and duties as may be assigned.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications and digital media, either in a campaign, political, PR agency, or NGO setting;
• Strong and demonstrated interest in the political process and global issues, and knowledge about the workings of the U.S. Congress and the legislative process;
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field preferred;
• Ability to work independently and with a team to identify, explore and implement creative digital and social media strategies; make recommendations for content and online communications tools;
• Experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google AdWords etc.);
• Proficiency in the use of analytics platforms, including Google Analytics;
• Understanding of email marketing concepts and industry best practices;
• Digital advertising experience, a plus;
• Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, EveryAction, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce preferred), and CMS platforms (WordPress preferred);
• Basic proficiency in HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks;
• Stress tolerance and resilience; sense of humor; highly organized; attention to detail; and ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities.
• Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented, problem solver, relationship-builder, and strong inter-personal skills;
• Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment;
• General knowledge of global issues and the United Nations system, and an understanding of the Better World Campaign and UN Foundation mission, programs, strategy and goals;
• Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation:
The United Nations Foundation offers an excellent range of benefits for full-time employees including: a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). dental insurance, vision discounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, health club discounts, commuter benefits, employee assistance program and Warby Parker discounts.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership.
Apply online here https://careers-unfoundation.icims.com/jobs/1462/communications-and-digital-media-officer%2c-better-world-campaign/job
Visit us here http://www.unfoundation.org
Posted on 21 June 2017
Please mention Political Jobs when applying for this position